Small village located at around 10 kilometres from Massa, on the road to Siena. Its origins go back to medieval times. Its castle belonged to a rich local family related to the Bishop of Massa. Around the middle of the 13th century Sienna conquered it.
Of special interest is the Church of the Assumption, restructured in the year 1200. It comprises the church, a chapel and a bell tower.