At roughly 2 km. from Massa, on the road that goes to Follonica, there is a small hamlet called Vetreta. Here we find St. Bernardino’s Church characterised by its simple architecture, typical of the first churches of the Observants (Osservanti).
It was built in 1445 by the State of Massa to honour its fellow- citizen St. Bernardino. From 1957, following the Pontifical Brief that declared St. Bernardino patron of the advertisers, it has become their sanctuary.